By participating you and your parents have read and agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions.
a. If you are under eighteen (18) and the promotion is open to you please also get your parent/guardian's permission before entering. Please get your parent/guardian's permission before entering. Please always get the bill payer's permission before going online or calling to enter.
b. You must be a registered Disney member and have an active account to enter. If the promotion is open to you and you are under thirteen (13) and not already a registered Disney member then we will need your parent/guardian's permission before we can activate your account and accept your entry. Your entry is not valid unless your new account has been activated before the Close Date.
c. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Disney, its agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion.
d. Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified.
e. Only online entries via the promotion website and via the Disney mobile site will be accepted. Disney does not accept responsibility for entries which could not be submitted via handheld devices. Entries must be completed online by the Close Date.
2. Personal Information.
3. Winner Selection.
a. For prize draws, winner(s) will be selected in a random draw, to take place within five (5) days of the closing date at the end of each prize promotion week, from all correct/valid entries received from the start of the promotion. The draw for the first prize will take place on the final week of the promotion. (Where we ask you to choose a correct answer from a list of options, we treat this as a prize draw).
b. For competitions based on skill, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges based on the judging criteria set out above.
c. For competitions where you submit original content to be judged:
i. Disney will moderate all entries and reserves the right not to accept entries which are technically unacceptable, contain inappropriate material or breach any of these terms and conditions. Disney reserves the right to choose a short-list of entries and publish these finalists on the competition website. Publication of any entry does not mean that you have won.
ii. Competition entries and/or shortlisted entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and a winner for each available prize will be selected according to the judging criteria set out on the competition entry page. The judges shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on the award of each prize.
iii. By entering any competition you (and your parent or guardian if you are under eighteen (18)) confirm (i) that you and they are the owner of the entry submitted, (ii) the entry does not knowingly copy or infringe the rights of any other person and (iii) Disney is permitted to reproduce and use the entry submitted by you on any media (including without limitation TV, online and publishing channels) anywhere in the world and without a time limit in order to carry out the competition and select winners (which may include publishing your personal information and your entry for a public vote to select finalists or the winner and any runners-up) and for any and all related promotional purposes to promote the competition and to promote Disney.
4. Prize Confirmation & Acceptance. The winners (or their Parents if the winner is under eighteen (18)years of age) will receive a confirmation message via telephone by the Notification Date and a subsequent follow up email (please see Internet Safety). The Promoter must receive a positive response from the winner (or their Parent) no later than the Acceptance Date. If a positive response is not received within such period or Promoter is unable to contact Parent(s), or a bounce back message is received, the Promoter reserves the right to select alternative Entrants in their absolute discretion and the Promoter shall have no liability in respect of the entry initially selected. If the Entrants drawn declines to/ cannot take part, a further draw will take place until the properly completed entries required are drawn and a positive response is received from the Parent.
5. Filming.The winners may be asked to consent to filming a television appearance in relation to the prize ("Contribution") and in such event the winner shall consent to the recording and/or broadcasting of the Contribution and the winner's parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner shall assign to Disney all rights of whatsoever nature including all copyright in respect of the Contribution and grant all further consents or licences necessary to enable the fullest use of the Contribution throughout the universe in perpetuity by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without liability or acknowledgement.
6. Prize Fulfilment.
No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Disney reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold by winners unless a parent/guardian or grandparent is entering the promotion on behalf of a child or family member. Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winners are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prize. Disney reserves the right to ask winners to sign a written release before awarding any prize. Disney reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person. Winner(s) should allow four (4) weeks from prize acceptance for delivery of the prize.
7. Disney's Liability.
a. For online entries: Disney cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or the website due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control. Entrants should access the website via a desktop device. Disney accepts no responsibility whatsoever for problems accessing the website via a handheld device.
b. Disney has arranged this promotion in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
8. Cancellation or Disqualification.
a. Disney reserves the right to disqualify :
- late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
- Entrants where entrants or parents without the Promoter's prior written consent, publicises (eg publication on blogs and social networks) or discusses with any third party any information relating to (including without limitation information in relation to the competition or the Promoter) save where such information is already public knowledge.
- Where requested, entrants who fail to disclose in writing full details of any and all criminal or civil proceedings/ actions pending, proceedings served and/or convictions unspent as at the date of opening of the competition.
- Entrants whose conduct, and/or whose Parent's conduct, during the competition brings the Promoter into disrepute
b. Disney reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Disney suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results, or has provided false information or has acted unethically in any other way.
9. Email safety.
The event that The Walt Disney Company Limited wishes to contact you in connection with a competition entry, it will do so via an email address ending 'disney.com' or by phone (with a follow-up confirmatory message from a 'disney.com' email address). Any communication purporting to be from Disney Channel but using a different email prefix (for example, hotmail.com, yahoo.com) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Disney Channel customer services: email@example.com. We advise that you do not act upon or reply to any such third party correspondence unless and until you receive feedback from Disney Channel. If you have any queries or concerns regarding any correspondence purporting to be from Disney Channel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. You agree that Disney may publish first name, surname initial, age, town/city and/or likeness.
11. Winners' details.
For information regarding the names of the winners (and, if applicable, their winning entries) go to the Disney Winners' Gallery or send a stamped and addressed envelope to the Customer Services address below quoting "Winners List" and the name of the prize draw or competition. Unfortunately we are unable to return any entries sent to us by post.
12. No purchase necessary.
13. Disney's decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The laws of England apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the English courts only.
1. The promoter of this Competition is the Walt Disney Company Africa (PTY) Limited, a company incorporated in South Africa under company number 1997/000 014/07, whose registered office is located at Oakdale House, The Oval, Oakdale Road, Newlands, Cape Town, 7700, South Africa ("Promoter").
2. The promotion is open to South African residents in possession of a valid South African identity document, except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the Promoter's marketing service providers, suppliers of goods or services to the Promoter or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
3. Entrants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older, if younger than 18 (eighteen) years, be assisted to the extent necessary by a parent or a legal guardian.
4. All information relating to this Competition and published on the website of the Promoter ( disneyafrica.mobi) ("Website") or on any promotional or advertising material, forms part of the terms and conditions of this Competition. By entering the Competition and/or accepting any prize, all entrants and winners agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below ("Rules").
5. This promotional competition is open from 00:01 on 19 May 2017 and ends at midnight on 2nd June 2017. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. To enter and stand a chance to win one of the available prizes, consumers are required to:
a. using a cell phone, dial the following USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) lines: *120*515*10#, *120*515*11#, *120*515*12#, *120*515*13#, *120*515*14#, *120*515*15#, *120*515*16#; and follow the prompts to enter
7. Participants have the chance to win one of 10 Disney Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge prize hampers consisting of a water bottle, a travel pouch, a travel bag pack, a skull glass, pins, a notebook, and a bandana.
8. USSD costs 20c (twenty Cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds,
9. Entrants will know immediately if they have found Jack or not and will be entered into a draw to win 1 of 10 hampers. Draw date 3 June 2017.
10. A maximum of 5 (five) entries per cell phone number.
11. Only 1 (one) winner will be permitted per cell phone number and/or household.
12. The prize winner will be the primary user of the cell phone number, and not necessarily the registered owner in terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002 (RICA).
13. The Promoter will contact the winners by phone within 48 hours of the competition ending.
14. The prize will be sent to the winners within approximately 2 weeks from the winner being contacted by the Promoter.
15. Prizes may not be challenged by the winners. They cannot be assigned, transferred or sold. They cannot be exchanged, or give away to a rebate in kind or in cash by the Promoter. . Any prize not taken up for any reason within 14 (fourteen) days of notification will be forfeited.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar value.
17. The Promoter will, on contacting the winner, confirm their acceptance that their name, age and home city will be published on the Disney website. Winners recognise that their names, age and home city may be used for digital marketing purposes. Winners may opt out of such communications.
18. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever.
19. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
20. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner without him/her being able to claim compensation, if the Rules were not complied with or unlawful or fraudulent conduct or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise falsifying data.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone who committed a fraud or tried to fraud the Competition. It accepts no responsibility as a result of anyone committing a fraud vis-a-vis the other entrants.
23. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupt entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all the entry instructions and the provisions of these Rules.
24. The Promoter shall have the right to change the Rules or terminate the Competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, notification thereof shall be published on the Website and all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in respect of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
25. By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to receive further marketing material from the Promoter (including by selected Disney partners). Entrants will have the option to unsubscribe or opt out from receiving marketing material if they wish. Minors are not concerned by this provision.
26. Personal information collected by the promoter during the competition will not be shared with any third party without the entrant's permission.
27. Neither the Promoter, Mobitainment or any of its agents, associated companies, not any directors, officers not employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrant.
28. By entering, each entrant acknowledges that personal information about prize winners will be shared with the Promoter's agents to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
29. All personal information relating to the entrants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
30. The Promoter's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and entrants agree to abide by the Rules.
32. These Rules shall be governed by South African law. Any disputes arising from the interpretation or application of these Rules will be dealt with the competent courts of Johannesburg.